This study employs the following resources.
All except Exploring Mark are e-books. References for e-books in outlines are provided by chapter headings, verse references, or Kindle locations.
- The Gospel according to Mark: The English Text With Introduction, Exposition, and Notes (The New International Commentary on the New Testament) by William L. Lane; Eerdmans, 2nd ed., 1974
- Exploring Mark: A Devotional Commentary by George R. Knight; Review & Herald, 2004
- Mark (Understanding the Bible Commentary Series) by Larry W. Hurtado; Baker, 1989
- Reading Mark: A Literary and Theological Commentary on the Second Gospel (Reading the New Testament) (Volume 2) by Sharyn Dowd; Smyth & Helwys, 2000
- Jewish New Testament Commentary: A Companion Volume to the Jewish New Testament by David H. Stern; Messianic Jewish Publisher, 1992
- The IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament by Craig S. Keener; IVP Academic, 1994
- Feasting on the Gospels--Mark: A Feasting on the Word Commentary edited by Cynthia A. Jarvis and E. Elizabeth Johnson; Westminster John Knox, 2014